Malta an archaeological destination with one of the most scenic beaches of Mediterranean. Located on the North cost of Africa Malta is know for its historical sites of the Roman British and French Succession. Malta is a great place with all year around destination for sun, beach, chapels and lot more culture.
We see Malta with the narrow streets of towns and villages leading to the main square. Inhabited with the old chapels, churches, medieval towers and lot more. Not less than any open air museum that you see way along exploring the country.
Malta waits and see not only a leisure destination in the Mediterranean. But also a cultural destination influenced by the succession of different rulers in the island nation. For those who are looking for the relaxed romantic relaxation Maltese Island are the papering heaven.
Malta is the largest island and the cultural and administrative centre for the country. Gozo is the second largest island and famous for its tourism purpose. Comino is is the third inhabited island of the country open for tourism.
Things to do
- St. John’s Co Cathedral -Valletta UNESCO a world heritage site 15 minutes walk from the capital City and door step to most of the cruise Liner.
- The Medieval Hilltop Mdina Old City
- Game of Thrones Filming Location.
- Cittadella Visitors Centre (Victoria)
- The Idyllic Island of Gozo
- Historical Attractions of Raba, Malta Island
- Prehistoric Tarxien Temples, Island of Malta
- Blue Lagoon, Island of Comino: Nature’s Perfect Swimming Pool
- The Blue Grotto, Island of Malta
- Breathtaking view from Dingli Cliffs, Island of Malta
- Golden Bay Beach, Island of Malta
- Ghajn Tuffieha Bay and Gnejna Bay Beaches, Island of Malta
- The Sea Side Charm of Mellieha, Island of Malta
- Hagar Qim Temples – A prehistoric Site
- Mnajdra Temples of Maltese Bronze Age
- Siggiewi – A Traditional Village
- Village of Zebbug
- Popeye Village, Island of Malta
Schengen visa has to be obtained from the embassy or consulate of the High Commission of Malta situated in India. You can contact and go to the website of VFS global for all the details of the Visa fees and processing time.
Getting Around Malta
Unlike any other European country. Tourist can cycle around the city keeping in view of the narrow streets and slopes. Travelling to Valletta by public transport is more easy. Many buses tart and finish their journey at the Main Terminus just outside City Gate. The Malta Public Transport company also operates a convenient circular route around Valletta. For more info go to http://www.publictransport.com.mt.
A system of electric cabs is also in operation within Valletta. A romantic alternative is to use horse-drawn carriages known as Karozzin.
Whatever means of transport you choose to adopt, you will find that Valletta is highly accessible, and the locals are always eager to show you the way.
Keep watching about Malta in our next blogs.