It’s always a first time experience to every thing in the world. We take a lot of time and efforts when travelling abroad for the first time. Its a new experience in the new land. We take care of all the major things but forget small things while travelling abroad. We should check the list while travelling abroad before making any plans.
- Check In with the Travel Insurance – Travel Insurance is a must for most of the countries to travel. But it’s always advisable to check in with travel insurance because it covers most of your health and travel expenses for a very nominal charges.
- Copies of Passport – Always keep a passport copies with you and leave a copy of your passport home. so that you can prove your nationality. Best you can make an electronic copy of your passport and can save in your emails.
- Register with Embassy – It’s most important that you register with your countries embassy so that in any emergency situation you could be brought back to home safely.
- Currency Conversions – It’s important to take the currency from a registered forex company. It’s always advisable to take the local currency before you fly to your destination.
- Credit Cards Validity – Make sure that the credit cards and debit cards will work in the country you tend to visit. Almost every country accepts Master and Visa International Card. You need to check with your bank do you hold the international debit or credit card or not.
- ATM and Bank Charges – Always check upon the ATM and Bank Charges that your bank charge for swiping it internationally.Sometimes the bank charges are more than what you spend internationally. Be aware about it before you use and travel.
- Entrance and Exit Fees – Sometimes some countries require the travellers to pay a entrance and exit fee which may not be included in your Air tickets. Generally these fees can range from 25 USD to 200 USD.
- Look for the Air Ticket – It’s a most important factor that need to be checked before you plan any trip internationally. Air tickets are the major cost component in any international trip.
- Search for the Events at the time your travel – Events at the time of your travel can hamper the travel plans. You may have to give the surcharge on the hotels and other things. Your trip may become a costly affair.
- Universal Converters – Every country works on different electronic voltage and switching system. so its advisable to purchase a universal adapters or converters for your international trip. Your mobile chargers plug in may not work in another country.
- Tell your Bank you are Abroad – Making a transaction on your bank account all of a sudden may result in freeze of account and cards. Bank may think that some frauds have taken place. Its good to tell the bank that cards may be used internationally. so that you may not face any emergency situations on your trip.
- Illegal Items – You should always read the things which are illegal to take into the country. Anything which is legal in your country may not be legal in the country you are tend to travel. So you must check the customs site of the country you travel about the things that are permitted to carry in the country.
- International Number – How can any one contact you when you are travelling. You should take an international roaming or a local sim card from your country that are available with Matrix and lot more companies now at a reasonable rate.
- Cross Check your Bookings – Always cross check your bookings made in advance with the hotel for your stay if booked from a new source.
- Cultural Check – Always check about the culutral barriers of the country. There may be certain do’s and don’t for every countries. You should live upto the rules and regulations of the country.
You must be logged in to post a comment.