Mandawa is a small town situated in Jhunjhun district of Rajasthan, 170 KM from Jaipur. Mandawa is well known for its forts and havelis. This place stand out for its Open Art Gallery. The architecture of marvelous havelis and Mansions dots it as an important tourist destination in Rajasthan.
Best to Visit:
The best time to visit Mandawa is October to March in winter times.
the temperature here remains from 7 degree to 20 degree. The town looks best at this point of time.
How to Reach:
The nearest airport to Mandawa is Jaipur. Jaipur is the is the nearest domestic airport from Mandawa and New Delhi is the nearest international airport. From here you can avail bus or taxi to reach Mandawa.
Nearest railway station is Jhunjhunu well connected from Jaipur, Delhi and Bikaner.
By road Mandawa is well connected from all over the country.
- Mandawa attracts its visitors for the historical architecture and vibrant culture. Mandawa fort ,is the main reason to visit Mandawa. It allures it visitors with the vibrant arch gateways and wall paintings of Lord Krishna and cows.
- Goenka Double Haveli has images of horses and elephants and Rajasthani women’s.
- Murmuria Haveli is known for its paintings of Nehru, cars, Venice, trains and Goerge V.
The other attractions in Mandawa consists of
- Binsidhar Newatia Haveli
- Goenka Chattri
- Gulab Rai Ladia Haveli
- Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli
- Jhunjhunwala Haveli
- Thakurji Temple
Where to Stay:
- Mandawa Haveli
- Hotel Holiday Haveli
- Castle Mandawa Hotel
- Desert Resort
- Hotel Shekhawati
- Paanawana Haveli
- Hotel Heritage Mandawa
- Hotel Desert and Dunes Mandawa
Lot more options can be explored.