Sri Lanka has a great importance to the location of India Politically as well as geographically. Its one of the cheapest destination from India in terms of monetary exchange and travel time.Best part about Sri Lanka is you just need to obtain the permit to visit online and you can travel any time. Its a Visa Free destination for the Indian Passport Holders.
Today in this blog will tell you all about the Best places to Visit in Sri Lanka. You can Prepare your Travel Itinerary from details and can manage the time for smooth travel to this beautiful Island country of Indian Ocean.
1. Arrive in Colombo – As the flights from all over India are Cheaper to Colombo and road travel is the best option in Sri Lanka.
2. Drive to Galle Fort / Dutch Fort – Cycling is the best option to explore the huge fort buzzing with the life in the form of Museums, Villas, Administrative offices, Shops and lot more.
Situation – Southern cost 132 Kms off Colombo.
3. Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage – A 147 Acres of natural habitat consists of different species of plants and trees. It’s one of the largest in Sri Lanka. You can have a full day picnic over here with the elephants and vast variety of Flora and Fauna.
Situation – You can Visit this Place Enroute Kandy Via Colombo.
4. Wale Watching – A spectacular experience to watch the world’s largest mammals if you are lucky. Dolphins can also be seen playing in the water. You can also Spot Killer Whales, Pilot Whales and Bryde’s Whale, Best time to Visit is in the morning taking the cruise from Galle to Mirissa Fishery.
5. Scuba Diving & Snorkeling – South and Northeast cost are recommended for the scuba diving from October to April. Indian Oceans water surrounding the cost line of Sri Lanka will never disappoint you with its rich marine Life and coral reef located off cost of Mount Lavinia. It’s a home to some of the most amazing aquatic life.
6.Trails to Tea Estate – Morning Walk is the best time to explore the tea estate of Sri Lanka. Ceylon Tea Trails are one of the best estates of Sri lanka Tea. Its one of the finest quality of tea exported to the entire world. Winter and the early springs are the best time to visit the place for a natural Creamy tea in the morning with the natures Walk.
7. Trek To Adams Peak – Although the trek is very exhaustive in Nature. Its famous for its curious impressions of the foot prints painted in golden are found on the trek. Winters are the best for trekking. Time could be made suitable as per your schedule.
8. Visit to Sigiriya – Sigiriya has beautiful hand made paintings made by the king himself according tho the locals all around the circumference. You will find a beautiful palace made up of white marble which is a epitome of beauty.
9. Turtle Hatchery – It was started in Sri Lanka in order to encompass the decreasing population of turtles and to safe them from extinction. Here different species of turtle eggs are hatched Fed and cared till the age of 4 years. You can find leatherback, Green and Olive Ridhley Species of Turtles.
10. Polonnaruwa Sacred City – This city is will take you the golden history of Sri Lanka. You can See the remains of the ancient palaces, shrines statute of Parakramabahu, Lotus shaped pond made on 4 tiers.
11. Dambulla Cave Temple – This is the world heritage site declared in 1991. Climb the stairs in the morning which is the best time to go for the excursion. Tickets are sold half way the temple stairs, so don’t miss to take the one for your self. It cost you 25USD per person. Five different caves are built in different time.
12. Kandy to Ella Train Journey – Train is the most affordable and comfortable way to explore the beautiful island country. this train journey is full of scenic beauty.